What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a safe, effective and painless form of deep exfoliation with the use of a medical grade scalpel. What we do is lightly scrape the scalpel across the surface of the skin which in turn removes the vellus hair (peach fuzz), dirt, impurities and dead skin which will help stimulate development of fresh skin cells. You will immediately feel smooth soft skin while having an immediate brightened glow to the skin. You can actually achieve the same benefits you get from a light chemical peel with continuous use of this treatment without the down time of a chemical peel. We recommend getting this treatment once a month for optimum results. Everyone can be a good candidate for this procedure except people with active acne.
What are the actual benefits of getting Dermaplaning?
- Your results are immediate
- Your skincare products will penetrate better leaving you with improved skincare results
- Leaves your skin smooth and soft so makeup goes on better and looks better
- Removes the excess vellus hair which can trap dirt, oil, and dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and pores which are the main culprits for acne and blemishes
- Promotes the growth of new skin cells
- A Lunch break type of treatment
- No chemicals, less irritation
Will your hair grow back thicker or darker?
NO! There is two forms of hair on our bodies, Vellus which is translucent or blonde that is on our face and ears (peach fuzz) and Terminal hair which is the hair that we find on the rest of our bodies like legs, arms, under arms, etc. Vellus hair cannot turn into terminal hair so it will not become dark and thick with these treatments.
While getting these treatments remember to always protect your skin with a good SPF daily!