Rejuvenation quite literally means ‘to make young again’. Attaining youthful looks can be achieved through various cosmetic, surgical, holistic and dietary means. Multiple modalities can help us attain a younger looking complexion and body.
At our clinic we always strive to offer our clients advanced non-invasive technologies to meet their rejuvenation needs. Candela YAG Laser is a gentle non-invasive device that precisely targets aging skin effectively and safely. It erases fine wrinkles, diminishes acne scars and tightens sagging skin.
The end result: Youthful, taut and smooth skin.
Why Candela YAG Laser-Assisted Skin Tightening is a Winner
- No downtime – You can walk away after your treatment without any side effects.
- Minimal to no discomfort – It is relatively painless.
- No significant post-treatment care or residual side effects.
- Skin tightening can be done on the day of an important occasion or party.
- No pre-treatment prepping of area being treated is required.
- Long-lasting continuous cosmetic benefits for months after treatment sessions have been completed.
- The treatments trigger a natural biophysical response that will awaken and enliven native collagen.
Skin and Wrinkle Fact Sheet
After the age of 30, we lose about 1% of collagen fibers throughout our body per year. The deeper layers of our skin (dermis) are composed of 75% collagen. It is this integral structural component that gives the skin its youthful resiliency and turgor. Unfortunately, as we age, our skin stops producing new collagen and we end up with saggy, wrinkled and aging skin.
Why Should You Consider the Laser Skin Tightening Procedure?
If you are on the lookout for a safe, non-invasive and clinically effective procedure that will help you attain tight and smooth skin, our Laser-assisted Skin Tightening procedure would be a perfect fit. The procedure targets the collagen fibers found in the deeper dermal compartment of the skin, triggering new collagen formation thus improving facial contours. Candela YAG Laser is a revolutionary device that will smoothen out fine wrinkles, plump-up and sculpt sagging and lax skin.
How Does Laser Treatment for Skin Tightening Work?
Collagen is a water laden protein fiber. The Candela YAG Laser works through a process known as ‘selective photothermolysis’ that heats up the water in the collagen fiber at specific temperatures and utilizes focused wavelengths to naturally induce new collagen formation (also known as collangenosis). This gentle yet focused heating will slowly rearrange, redistribute and realign new collagen fibers within the dermis of the skin, resulting in facial contouring and rejuvenation.
The beauty of our Skin Tightening treatment is that the cosmetic benefits will be noticed long after your treatments are over, as brand new collagen will continue to be laid down gradually, hence improving the quality of your skin for months to come.
The procedure can be performed on the face or any other part of the body such as the décolleté, hands, arms, abdomen, thighs and legs. The usual protocol is a treatment plan spanning 3-5 months, where a total of 3-5 sessions are required to achieve optimal benefit.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Laser Assisted Skin Tightening is a relatively risk-free, non-invasive procedure with minimal to no side effects. Mild pain and swelling may occur at the site of treatment but effects are self-limiting and will dissipate in few hours. You may take mild NSAID’s and use ice packs if symptoms persist, but this is rarely required.
Patient Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
What to Do Before Laser Treatment
- Avoid sunbathing for at least a few days before treatment.
- Remove all makeup before treatment.
- Please inform the clinic if you are sensitive to light.
- Please inform the clinic if you suffer from autoimmune collagen disorders.
What to Do After Laser Treatment
- Ideally you should practice sun safety and apply a broad spectrum SPF 30 cream or lotion daily after treatments.
- Mild NSAID’s and ice packs are effective in managing minor side effects, if any.