Botox, a popular nonsurgical treatment that was initially used to treat a range of conditions from excessive sweating to headaches, has become widely used for its cosmetic benefits. The treatment has the ability to improve the appearance of wrinkles and can enhance the fullness and shape of lips.
he price of Botox fluctuates widely. As a rule of thumb, clinics charge on a “per area” basis, although some of them charge on a “per unit” basis, which leads to large differences in the cost of the treatment.
Factors that affect the cost of Botox
Below are the most important factors that affect the cost of a Botox treatment:
- Size of area that requires treatment: The more areas you want treated, the more expensive the treatment is going to be. Keep in mind that numerous clinics offer discounts for treating multiple areas.
- Dose required for treatment: If the extent of your wrinkles (or otherwise desired treatment) is severe, more units of Botox may be needed, increasing the cost.
- Areas that require treatment: Some areas may require more units of Botox than others. For example, armpits may require more units than laugh lines.
- Physical location: The price of Botox is likely to be higher in bigger cities such as New York and Los Angeles.
- Reputation of the person carrying out the treatment: You don’t need a qualified doctor to inject Botox, so you may get lower rates if you choose a Botox technician to administer the injection.
Typical costs for Botox treatments
According to data provided by CostHelper.com, the typical cost of a Botox treatment runs from $300 to $1,200, depending on the amount you need and the medical professional who administers it.
The average cost of a Botox unit administered by a technician run $9 to $12, whereas a unit administered by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist at a clinic averages $14 to $17.
The quality of the service is usually the main factor that determines how much Botox costs, but you also need to consider the quality of the Botox used for carrying out the treatment.
Many skin care centers and even plastic surgeons offer discounts for purchasing multiple treatments or for being a regular customer.
source - https://www.bankrate.com/finance/smart-spending/how-much-does-botox-cost.aspx